This song was written in 1929 by Henry Marshall and promoted by Del Howland in the 1930’s on his radio station in Hackensack.  He also took the song to every school for the children to learn.  His sister, Emile, taught in the one room school house on Midland Avenue on property that was the Howland family farm, donated to Paramus.  This is the current site of the Charles E. Reid Memorial Library and is currently the oldest continuously used municipal facility.